The Outdoor Answer | Hydro Flask Filter
Stops 750+ plastic bottles going into landfills and oceans
Tested and Approved WorldwideView all Test results
- Removes up to 99.99% of tap water contaminants
- Produces up to 100 gallons of clean water
- Replaces 750+ landfill bound plastic bottles 100% recyclable
- Independently certified across the globe in both field and laboratory tests
Removal Percentage by Contaminant
THE OUTDOOR ANSWER
HYDRO FLASK Compatible Water Bottle Filter System | Fits Hydro Flask 32 oz & 40 oz Wide Mouth Bottles | Includes 1 Outdoor Adventure Filter & 2 Straws | Removes Up To 99.9999% of Fresh Water Contaminants Including Bacteria, Viruses, and Microbial Cysts | Average Filter Life: 3-4 Months (378 litres) | Hydro Flask bottles (definitely) not included
NEW & IMPROVED DESIGN & EXTRA LID FOR 2018!
- Now comes with two different versions of lids: (1) Easy-Flip Sports Lid with integrated carry loop, and (1) Safe Guard locking dust cover lid with one-handed push-button operation and integrated carry loop; detachable components for easy cleaning
- 40% LARGER straw diameter for increased flow rate
- USA Made Outdoor Adventure Filter removes 99.9999% of fresh water contaminants
- Interchangeable filter system for tap water & outdoor adventure
- Filters are replaceable & recyclable
- Includes 2 Straws for both the 32oz & 40oz Hydro Flask Bottles
THE ANSWER is a simple, but revolutionary solution for contemporary water bottles. Keep your favorite Hydro Flask wide mouth bottle and take it with you on your next adventure. Ditch 99.9999% of the harmful tap water contaminants inside of it. We all love our double-insulated, wide mouth Hydro Flask bottles, but the fact that they don't include a filter, left us without an answer. That is, until we decided to create one.
Appropriately named THE OUTDOOR ANSWER, this simple design lid/straw/filter device is a perfect fit for 32 oz and 40 oz Hydro Flask wide mouth water bottles. (More compatible bottles coming soon!) From waterborne pathogens, to heavy metals, fluoride and even trace pharmaceuticals, all are eliminated with our multi-patented filter media. Be confident that the only thing reaching your body is the purest water available. Our filter technology has been tested in 16 different countries, and they promise to remove some of the most contaminated tap water on Earth. Enjoy up to 100 gallons of pure clean water per filter. On average, we recommend replacing it once every few months if being used regularly.
Our American-made and American-tested filters outperform well known filtration brands any day of the week. You'll notice some of our biggest competitors do not even publish test results -- that's because their filters only remove bad taste and some chlorine (like that Brita jug you've become so skeptical of lately).
THE OUTDOOR ANSWER comes with one (1) Outdoor Adventure Filter and is also compatible with Epic's Urban Filter (which is recommended for just regular tap water). The Urban Filter is sold separately. The Epic Outdoor filter removes 99.9999% of water contaminants as well as any waterborne pathogens like Giardia and Cryptosporidium and can be used on camping trips and as an emergency preparedness item with it's microbiological filter media.
What Does This Filter Remove? Outdoor Filter Test Results.
Our American-made Urban Water Bottle Filter are tested against NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, 401, & P473 for contaminant reduction (see Outdoor Filter Test Results for more)
Additional Independent Testing
Everyday Filter Test Results (This filter is not included with the system)
Sorry, this system does not fit the 64oz Hydro Flask bottle. The 64oz bottle has a slightly different thread.
Hydro Flask is a registered trademark of Steel Technology, LLC
Use Instructions: Your Outdoor Answer comes with our Outdoor Filter. Before using the filter for the first time or if the filter has not been used for an extended period, then it is best to fill your bottle and let the filter sit in the water for at least 45 minutes. This will allow the Outdoor Filtration media to get saturated and improve the flow of water. Also the filter flow will improve with consistent use.
Why Choose the Epic Outdoor Adventure Filter?
- Removes up to 99.9999% of all tap water contaminants
- Independently tested to remove 200+ water contaminants
- It's 100% replaceable, 100% recyclable, 100% BPA-free (It can be recycled with hard to recycle plastics or #7 plastics, or check out our Recycling Program for more info!)
- 100% Made in USA
- Produces up to 100 gallons (378 liters) of clean water
- Industry-leading technology tested to highest international standards
- Eliminates need to buy filtered water
- Stops 650+ plastic bottles going into landfills
- Filter life: up to 100 gallons (378 liters) depending on average daily usage and water quality
- Average recommended filter replacement: 3-4 per year
- Outdoor Filter Test Results
When we say Epic, we mean Epic. Our proprietary, multi-patented blend of filter media eliminates up to 99.9999% of the harmful contaminants other filters leave behind such as chlorine, heavy metals, industrial and agricultural pollutants and trace pharmaceuticals - as well as 68% of fluoride. Why settle for anything less?
Enjoy up to 378 litres of pure clean water per filter that will taste all the sweeter knowing you'll never pay for bottled water again.
Each filter is 100% recyclable. And when it finally comes time to replace your filter, take comfort knowing it's already replaced 650+ plastic bottles. It can be recycled with hard to recycle plastics or #7 plastics, or check out our Recycling Program for more info!
Test and Approved Worldwide
Epic Water Filters have been independently tested across the globe in both field and laboratory test in countries including the USA, UK, Australia and Japan. These rigorous processes are just another way we go well beyond what's required to deliver the cleanest, purest water possible.
The bottle, lid, and straw are dishwasher safe but we always recommend that you hand wash the bottle, straw and lid with mild dish soap and warm water.
The Everyday Filter is not dishwasher safe. Never use soap on the filter itself.
For cleaning the outside of the filter, we recommend just using warm water and a brush.
Best way to care for you Nalgene OG: Put the Nalgene OG, lid, & straw, in a sink filled with warm water and a small amount of mild dish soap and let it soak. If you’d prefer, you can also put the warm water and soap in the bottle to soak for a few minutes. Shake it to distribute the soapy water, rinse really well and let it dry. As long as you use a small amount of a mild soap, there shouldn’t be any soapy taste left in the bottle. However, if you’d rather skip the soap you can use warm water and lemon or warm water and baking soda to clean the bottle.
Let the Nalgene OG, lid, & straw dry in a dish rack until use. Now go enjoy some Epic Water!
Things to never do with our “Everyday Filter”
Do not place filter in the freezer
Do not fill with hot water
Do not use with saltwater
Do not filter urine (Unless you are Bear Grylls)
Do not filter anything but tap water (Use our Outdoor Adventure filter for unknown water sources)